CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Catch Up

2 months!!! That's how long it's been since my last post! Life has been crazy busy and it's been so hard to find time to get on here and get everyone updated on what is going on in our lives.

We've been able to get out and do a few fun things as a family. Ammon started his baseball season and we've been cheering him on at every game. So far they are undefeated, with a 6-0 record. I have been really impressed with how well Ammon and his teammates play! Go Padres!



We also purchased a year pass to Hogle Zoo, so we took the kids there last Saturday and had a great time checking out all of the animals, though I think usually our children are much more "wild". I have only one complaint: they should hand out nose plugs for the amphibian building. Ewwww!



Mother's Day was great! Hopefully all of you mothers out there had a good one too. Jason made me breakfast in bed (french toast, scrambled eggs w/cheese and orange juice.) When the kids woke up, he talked to them about how it was my special day and how they needed to be really, really good. He got them excited about it and by the end it sounded somewhat like a pep rally from where I was in our room getting ready for church. It brought a smile to my face. Of course he threw in a few threats here and there just in case any of them decided to step out of line. Amazingly, the kids managed to make it through the entire day without having to suffer the wrath of dad. :) The next morning, Jason said, "I bet the kids will be really bad today to make up for being so good yesterday." Unfortunately, he was right and the kids then had to suffer the wrath of mom. That's how it goes though. Moms occasionally get little breaks here and there, but kids will be kids and moms will be moms.



Tomorrow is Ashlyn's 9th birthday! First of all, how the heck do I have a 9 year old?! I am so amazed by how much she has matured over the last couple years and by how quickly the time has passed. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago that I was holding her as a little baby, with her tiny fingers wrapped around my finger.......her soft skin.........her big beautiful brown eyes.......her itty bitty toes. She has taught me so much and has changed my life forever. Happy Birthday Ashlyn!!!!! We love you!!!!!! This picture is from a month or so ago when she preformed in Suessical the Musical at her school. She did a great job and the entire cast put on a great show. I was so proud of her for all of her hard work! She really put her heart into it! She is already talking about wanting to be in next years production.

Lastly, Jason and I are so excited that our sealing day is almost here! June 7th! It's crazy how fast our first year of marriage has passed. We have both enjoyed being together and are convinced that we are spirit twins because we are so much alike. We think the same things at the same time and have even been known to break out into the same song at the same time, out of the blue. No clues, no warnings, just coincidence.....or something more. I have never in my life had such a connection with anyone. I still don't know that I deserve such a great man, but I will be holding on to him as long as I possibly can, which will hopefully be forever. I tell him all the time that I am the one who got the good deal in marrying him. (and of course all of my family and friends could back this up), but he is still convinced that he is the one that got the better deal. Silly Jason, I don't think he realizes just how good HE is! :)

Ok, I really am going to try harder to post more often. Hopefully I haven't lost all my readers by now.

Love you all!

4 comments:

Jake and Heidi said...

your so funny! I check all of the time! I'm sure your other readers do the same! We love you guys! & Happy Birthday Ashlynn!

Unknown said...

I just realized we took a picture in the same place at the zoo. At least your kids look at the camera ;)

Straight to Your Hart said...

What an adorable family you have!! Congrats on the soon to be sealing. You 2 are darling together...a breath of freshness...we all need that in our marriages!!!

Straight to Your Hart said...

Good to see you today...You're so cute..hope it was a good rest of the day!! Mel